My unboxing is finally up on time!
That’s the first time in, like, four months. Let’s hope it stays this way.
Anyway, the June Owlcrate box was themed around summer! And, as everyone in the book community knows, summer = contemporary books. So naturally a lot of the items were themed around the fav contemporaries from the community!
June Theme: Summer Lovin’
The spoiler card, newsletter and monthly pin were first out of the box. All of these items come every month and my favorite has to be the newletter. It has prompts for the instagram challenge as well as fun crosswords and interviews!
– Microfiber towel with the quote “My summer is all booked” \\ Stella Bookish Art
– Mason Jar Mug that I adore! I love using the mason jars for my tea and plus I’ve never seen one of these in a book box before and it’s really freaking cool \\ Michelle Gray
– Bookish Tea inspired by Since You’ve Been Gone that you can make hot or cold (though it seems to taste better when it’s made iced) \\ Riddle’s Tea Shoppe
– Woodmark (wooden + bookmark = cute right?). I love these types of bookmarks, and Owlcrate doesn’t usually include them. But the colors are stunning – even if I haven’t read Aristotle and Dante – and I’m excited to take it with me this weekend! \\ Ink and Wonder Designs
– A Cactus Pen that my little siblings have loved and stolen from me 😑\\ BC Mini
– Exclusive Keychain based on the book of the month! My mom loves the texture and it is pretty cute (though I currently have no use for a keychain).
Aspiring filmmaker and wallflower Twinkle Mehra has stories she wants to tell and universes she wants to explore, if only the world would listen. So when fellow film geek Sahil Roy approaches her to direct a movie for the upcoming Summer Festival, Twinkle is all over it. The chance to publicly showcase her voice as a director? Dream come true. The fact that it gets her closer to her longtime crush, Neil Roy—a.k.a. Sahil’s twin brother? Dream come true x 2.
When mystery man “N” begins emailing her, Twinkle is sure it’s Neil, finally ready to begin their happily-ever-after. The only slightly inconvenient problem is that, in the course of movie-making, she’s fallen madly in love with the irresistibly adorkable Sahil.
Twinkle soon realizes that resistance is futile: The romance she’s got is not the one she’s scripted. But will it be enough?
I’ve heard a lot about When Dimple Met Rishi, but I’ve never read one of Sadhya Menon’s books! I’m interested in From Twinkle With Love though, because it’s told in letters (or text messages? I can’t remeber – I think it was letters) and that’s alwasy really cool to me.
I’m still hesitant, this is a contemporary after all. But I can’t help it – I have high hopes!
The theme for July is Strange & Unusual, and it will have an item from Stranger Things in it! I’m really excited for that – I love Stranger Things – but I have no idea what the item could be.
A friend of mine thought she knew what the book was, and I’d have to agree with her guess, and it’s a book I’ve been SUPER excited for! If you want to grab a box, check HERE!
Overall, I’d give the June Owlcrate a rating of 6/10. Becuase some of the items, like the keychain and the pen, were pretty useless to me. But the mug and the towl were so cool!
What was your favorite item this month?